- Sean Effel
- Drupal.org ID
Sean Effel is a community technology and community media advocate wearing lots of hats at any given time. Sean works with diverse populations at Cambridge Community Television, a world class public access in Massachusetts. Sean is also an associate for Creative Narrations, a consulting agency specializing in multimedia for community development. Sean leads technology trainings for digital video production, digital content distribution, website design and development, and most recently Drupal user and admin training.
Sean's recent projects, training and vitals include:
- Operating Drupaltherapy.com, a Drupal training operation sering individuals and groups from all over including the Alliance for Community Media's national conference, a Chicago area police department utilizing Drupal intranets remotely in their patrol cars, and training researchers at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute in developing research-oriented Drupal sites.
- Staff developer and admin for Cambridge Community Television's Drupal-based website, featuring user contributed video media and social networking, as well as local and national advocacy on public access and telecom issues.
- Consultant developer for Coolidge Corner Theatre's film scheduling, marketing and ticketing system streamlining via Drupal.
- Stints as contributor and moderator for various Drupal-related conference panels including Drupalcon DC, several Alliance for Community Media National Conferences, the ACM Western Region Conference in San Jose, and more.
- Co-trainer in a series of Digital Storytelling workshops with Creative Narrations working with targeted groups of participants ranging from YWCA Boston's mission statement re-write, to Tufts University Peace and Coexistance Project's work with Israeli, Palestinian and Jordanian youth workers, to TEACHBoston's young teacher development programs. Digital storytelling's multi-day curriculum is a combination of community building, creative writing, content development, and multimedia production training.
- Drupal-based site builder for numerous clients including Boston Public Schools, Cambridge College, Institute for Contemporary Art, Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation of Massachusetts, and PEGspace, Boston Area Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.
- Volunteer trainer and site foreman for local non-profits in need.
Sean has been leading technology trainings for years and has a knack for teaching to diverse bodies of students, from young, tech savvy high school and college students, to the underserved and underrepresented urban segments of Boston metro area residents. Because of his background in public access and community technology, access to and training in current technologies, especially web based communication and distribution tools, are important points in his work.
Sean lives in Somerville, likes rainy days and long walks on the beach, and his favorite ice cream is chocolate. You may also find him running a world championship four square league in his spare time.
Please feel free to send email with any questions or comments.
- Member for
- 9 years 47 weeks